What were you doing 10 years ago?
Working as Assistant Director, Subacute Policy and Programs in the Department of Health and Ageing.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Almost exactly the same as I am now.
Five snacks you enjoy:
A. Wholemeal toast and honey
Five songs you know all the words to:
None, except some nursery rhymes and the entire choral libretto of Handel’s Messiah. Most times I know just a few words.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Now, if that were a millionaire several times over. . . :
A. travel (a lot, first class all the way)
B. endow a lectureship or three
C. set up my partner James, my brother, and my sister financially for life
D. create a really good private library
E. build a house big enough to put it in, as well as a beach cottage
Five bad habits
A. being too busy, doing too much
B. loosing stuff – spectacles, wallet, keys, etc., etc.
C. talking too much
D. maybe too much coffee
E. insufficient exercise
Five things you enjoy doing:
A. being with James
C. writing, so long as I don’t have to do it
E. travelling, at a slow pace
Five things you would never wear again:
A. Just about anything really tight, though when I was 20 years younger . . .
B. A necktie, if I have a choice, or any other business clothes for that matter
C. A beard (only once, for medical reasons, ugh!)
E. Short shorts
Five favorite toys
And while I’m doing memes . . . (Hat-tip: *Christopher):
25 Random [?!] Questions
1. When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought?
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Exactly $200 Australian.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with TEST?
5. Who is the fourth person on your missed calls?
There are none (boring answer).
6. What is your favourite ring on your phone?
There’s only one – old fashioned telephone ‘Ring, ring!’
7. What shirt are you wearing?
A plain white tee
8. What do you label yourself as?
Christian, scholar, gay, friendly
9. Name the brand of shoes you’ve recently worn.
10. Bright room or dark room?
Bright, but cool.
11. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping; what else is there to do at midnight? I get up at 6.00am, every day!
12. What did the last text message on your phone say?
I get few text messages, as I send few. I prefer to talk.
13. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Over 200 km away, in Sydney, thankfully.
14. What’s a saying you say a lot?
I don’t use sayings. I tend to speak in fully articulated sentences, a consequence of my upbringing as the son of a school teacher and grandson of a well-spoken English lady.
15. Who told you they loved you last?
James — and it’s mutual.
16. Last furry thing you touched?
Myself (see 1. above)
17. How many drugs have you done in the past three days?
Medicines — three per day
Anything else — absolutely none and never
18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
19. Favourite age you’ve been so far?
Forty; young enough to do anything, old enough to know better.
20. Your worst enemy?
21. What is your current desktop picture?
Canadian rockies; went there recently.
22. What was the last thing you said to someone?
“Goodnight, baby, I love you.”
23. If you had to choose between a million bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose?
24. Do you like someone?
I like most people.
25. The last song you listened to?
Daniel Schutte’s Here I am Lord.